Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG Law of origin of origin Recognized as the first Italian DOC wine in 1966 and promoted to DOCG (founded in 1980) in 1993. Grape variety Use at least 85% of Vernaccia di San Gimignano. During mixing, the remaining 15% use local white grapes.
However, aromatic varieties such as Traminer, Moskirt, Muller-Turgau, Malvasia di Candia, Malvasia Isturiana, Incrocho Bruni 54 cannot be used.
Up to 10% can be used for Sauvignon and Riesling. Production area Hilly area in the town of San Gimignano, in the province of Siena. However, the place that is not the height more than 500m. It is an area that was of yellow sand, sandy, clayey and once underwater. Total area under vines 1900 ha A field of Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG 750 ha Campo di San Gimignano DOC 450ha Canti, Canti Colli Senage, IGT Tuscan Field 700 ha Maximum grape yield per hectare 9000 kg Minimum alcohol content 11.5% guy Only white The base Aging for at least 11 months from 1 January of the year following the harvest. Bottle aging for at least 3 months before shipment.
Minimum alcohol content 12.5%