Latin for "Blood of Jove"
Sangiovese is the primary Tuscan native variety, which gives us important and elegant wines like Chianti Classico and the long-aged famous Brunello.
Sangiovese is able to adapt to different territories keeping however its own characteristics. The name Sangiovese comes from Latin and means “Blood of Jove”, and like earth blood, it flows all over the Tuscany.
CHIANTI COLLI SENESI – Sangiovese from the beautiful Chianti hills, daily and fruity
SUPERTUSCAN SANGIOVESE – Orcia Valley Sangiovese, southern of Siena. Pure minerality!
NOBILE DI MONTEPULCIANO – A ruby pearl of Sangiovese from a suggestive castle
BRUNELLO DI MONTALCINO - The best Sangiovese intended to be aged for years!*
1) From grape to wines... different winemaking!
2) Local and international varieties: the concept of Terroir
3) Sangiovese variety: A Tuscan treasure destinated to the future
4) Chianti Colli Senesi: The origin of a myth
5) Supertuscan Sangiovese: Rare beautiful jewels
6) Nobile di Montepulciano & Brunello di Montalcino: Black pearls of Sangiovese profile
7) Additional Education program:
How to taste wine in 3 steps: Reading the story of a glass
• Color & Aromas. The perfumes of wines and evolution
• Dry or Smooth? Balance, Structure, Persistency
The Wine Experience price includes:
Tasting of four high-quality and non-industrial wines from selected wineries
Power Point Presentation to follow the concepts during the course
Possibility to have additional material by email
Exclusive educational placement by Emporio Med Education Project
Location: Emporio Mediterraneo Educational Room
Number: 2-12 people
Price: 30€ Education Materials included
Class duration: 45-60 minutes
Reservation required in the day
Payment available by card
* The wine list is indicative and depends on the availability of the Enoteca