The first part of our day will be dedicated to the territory of Siena and starts with a visit of San Gimignano, the city of a hundred towers and also a UNESCO World Natural and Cultural Heritage site. Monday, Thursday, Sunday
Our tour escort will give you all of the necessary information for enjoying your free time in the town’s historical center, where you will find local artisan shops and millenarian palazzos. San Gimignano is also the birthplace of Vernaccia, a white wine produced exclusively here, famous for its high quality and also for being the first Italian DOCG wine.
From here we will go to Monteriggioni, the ancient crown-shaped fortress that adorned the head of Italy on the old 100 lire currency. The same walls, which date back to the 13th century, are endowed with 14 towers that Dante likened to the Giants of Inferno in his Divine Comedy. After a brief visit we will relax at a Chianti winery for a lunch of salami, cheeses and other local products, accompanied by a tasting of Chianti wines.
Our day continues with a trip to Val d’Orcia, another jewel in the Tuscan territory and a UNESCO World Heritage site since 2004. We will travel to Montalcino, which from its hill dominates the 1500 hectares of Brunello vineyards that have contributed to making the area world-famous.
Our last stop will be in a local wine cellar where we will taste the renowned Brunello of Montalcino, which finds its place among the finest Italian DOCG wines. We will visit the wine cellar and also taste typical local products.
EXECUTION DATES: Monday, Thursday, Sunday
DURATION: 11 hours
FROM: your accommodation
AT TIME: 8.30 am
Price per person: 115 EURO
THE QUOTE INCLUDES:
- Shuttle service to and from your accommodation and back.
- Private minivan for a maximum of 8 people, equipped with every comfort.
- Expert bilingual (English/Italian) tour escort.
- Visit to the town of San Gimignano and free time there.
- Lunch and Chianti wine tasting at a farm in the Chianti region.
- Visit to Montalcino and its fortress, with a brief stop for shopping for local products and souvenirs.
- Wine tasting at a renowned winery in Montalcino.
- Samples of typical Tuscan bruschetta, salami, and cheeses.
- Opportunity to purchase wine from the winery at special prices (Shipping available almost all over the world)