Wine and Tours by Enocuriosi Travel Agency & Tour Operator in Siena - Tuscany
Home » SERVICES » HOTEL » Relais Il Chiostro

HOTEL

Relais Il Chiostro

Relais Il Chiostro - Wine and Tours by Enocuriosi

 

Hotel 4*

Pienza (Siena)

Restaurant, Meeting, Wedding

 

 

 

Rooms at the Relais Chiostro di Pienza, in the heart of Tuscany
Located in the heart of Pienza, a Renaissance city planned by Rossellino by order of Pope Pius II Piccolomini, with its hanging gardens overlooking the Val d'Orcia, the Relais Il Chiostro di Pienza, a former convent of the thirteenth, offers rooms comfortable and full of stimuli for the peculiarity of the structures combined with the functionality of the rooms.
 

Services for guests of Relais Chiostro di Pienza
The Cloister of Pienza, in addition to the historic charm of the structure, (the court of Cloister is one of the most photographed subjects from all the tourists, strolling in the center can not help but stop a few minutes inside the Cloister to admire the beauty and steal some shots!), it offers many services to guests who stay there. The Relais is equipped with Internet access, valet parking, elevator, plus not only located in the city center, there are outdoor pool and rooftop terrace with views over the Tuscan hills and the restaurant.

FREE INTERNET
Wi-fi is present throughout the hotel and in the rooms.

BUFFET BREAKFAST
The rich breakfast buffet is always included in the room rate. During the summer you can eat breakfast on the rooftop terrace. Room service is on request.

PARKING
Parking is upon reservation, with valet parking. Value of € 15,00 per day. In Superior Suite service is offered by us. It will be possible, otherwise, park your car outside the city walls for free and make the load / unload luggage in front of the entrance to the Cloister requesting permission for the passage in the LTZ at reception.

POOL
The outdoor pool is available to our guests from the end of May until mid September. (Weather permitting)

RESTAURANT
Relais Chiostro di Pienza hosts inside the restaurant "La Terrazza del Chiostro", with lounges and garden, ideal for the organization of receptions in the center of Pienza and the Val D'Orcia.
The seasonal closure of the restaurant is planned in November until 26 December and then again from 6 January to mid-March.
 
Relais The Cloister of Pienza is capable of hosting small conferences, meetings or business meetings, up to forty participants.
 

ROOM PICCOLOMINI
• Features Piccolomini Hall (ground floor)
· Length: 10 meters
· Width: 3.5 meters
· Lighting: natural and artificial
• Equipment
· Screen 200 X 180 cm
· Fixed microphones (on request)
· Video projector (on request)
· Wifi connection
· Technical assistance (on request)
 

BELLAVISTA ROOM
Relais The Cloister of Pienza is capable of hosting small conferences, meetings or business meetings, up to forty participants.
• Features Room Bella Vista (ground floor)
· Length: 10 meters
· Width: 3.50 meters
· Lighting: natural and artificial
• Equipment
· Screen 200 X 180 cm
· Fixed microphones (on request)
· Video projector (on request)
· Wifi connection
· Technical assistance (on request)
 


The history of the Cloister
The history of the Cloister of Pienza is closely linked to the very history of the town of Pienza; the ancient structure in which it is situated now the relay was in fact central to the development of one of the most characteristic towns of Tuscany. In 1996 the historic center of Pienza, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Convent and Church of San Francesco
"At the beginning of '300, with the spread of the Franciscan Order of Friars Minor, also rose in Pienza a convent of these monks and the monastery of St. Francis was certainly the most significant religious and cultural institution of the ancient Corsignano, at least until the radical transformation of the city desired, starting from 1459, by Pope Pius II (Enea Silvio Piccolomini), born here in 1405. In the first visit made to Corsignano as Pope, in fact, the Piccolomini celebrated a solemn Mass in their San Francisco, The church obviously more important than the village.
The only certain information we have, about the life of the monastery, dating from the sixteenth century and are given by the guardian Domenico Gabrielli, who tells of the violence with which the soldiery treated the convent and the church during the "War of Siena".
Tells the poor friar who in 1555 soldiers "scassarono turned wine cellar and besides, oglio and abbruciarono robbe and other wood" and is himself to inform us as hereinafter "remained without utensils and furniture and started a little bit in common et de industry as 'brothers and pity' benefactors to recover. "
In 1634, St. Francis hosted the Provincial Congregation with solemnity and you were made for the occasion "preaching, Latin prayers, beautiful music."
A few years later with a papal bull that suppressed the "small monasteries", the Franciscans they had to go. But the people did not like and did so much that, by popular acclaim, the brothers were taken back to San Francisco in 1658. "It was a festive occasion all over the city, with the sound of bells and fire from all sides."
The monks remained until 1788, when Bishop Joseph Pannilini, suppressed the convent making to a boarding school called "Ecclesiastical Academy" for clergy of the diocese of Pienza and Chiusi. This institution was short-lived and was replaced by a Bishop's Seminary in 1792 (which was housed there until the year 1956) ... "
 
 


INFO AND RESERVATIONS