The road that leads from Siena to Montalcino crosses the heart of the Crete Senesi, a argillaceous territory made up of rolling hills and winding roads, with badlands and white dune-like hillocks forming a "lunar" landscape.
After a brief stop to admire and take pictures of the suggestive Crete senesi and the small village of Chiusure, we'll continue the trip towards the Abbey of Monteoliveto Maggiore, one of the most important benedictine monastery in Tuscany, surrounded by a thick wood and situated on a hill overlooking the landscape of the Crete. Here you can admire important frescoes, dating back to the XV century, visit the Herbalist's shop where you can buy the monks' products and the historic cellar of the abbey to taste the wine and olive oil produced at the farm of Monteoliveto.
Once in Montalcino, walking among artisan shops and small cafes, you can admire the monumental buildings up to the fourteenth-century fortress through a scenic tour of the walls, from which you can enjoy a wonderful view of the hills designed by vineyards and cultivated fields.
On the way back we will stop at an organic winery in the countryside of Brunello, to visit the cellar and discover the steps and techniques of processing of grapes, and to taste a selection of Rosso and Brunello di Montalcino, wines among the most famous and appreciated worldwide.
Price per person based on a booking of:
from 2 to 3 participants 144 € DISCOUNT 10% direct booking 129 €
from 4 to 8 participants 99 € DISCOUNT 10% direct booking 89 €
Day and time of execution:
every day, from 2pm to 7pm (5 hours approximately)
The cost includes:
- panoramic road of the Crete Senesi, with a stop at the little medioeval town of Chiusure
- visit to the Abbey of Monteoliveto Maggiore, Herbalist's shop and wine and olive oil tasting at the farm
- visit of Montalcino *
- guided visit of a cellar with wine tasting at an organic farm in the Brunello area
- trasport by minivan from and to your accommodation
- escort driver in Italian, English or Spanish
* extra price with an authorized guide in Italian, English or Spanish: 40 €/h